Nomensa contracted me to conduct User Experience Research and Design for their client’s new website. I collaborated closely with Nomensa’s project manager and Visual Designer to communicate user-based recommendations and design decisions to five distinct agencies responsible for the client’s marketing campaign, content and website development.
To understand the project, I begun observing ongoing user testing sessions and taking notes. Once more informed, I analysed data through ‘affinity diagram’. A Thematic based technique that allows themes to emerge, shaping user requirements to inform the prototypes.
The design process kicked off with a brainstorming session with the visual designer to help scaffold an initial design concept based on these requirements. Such low-fidelity wall sketches helped us communicate our logic to the rest of the team.
There was a 'difficult' message to pass on, as the marketing agency had published their information before User Research findings and had to push back.
Following that, I re-designed and annotated the wireframes already created in Axure and tested those further in a second user testing phase.
I organised, designed and facilitated the user testing sessions to evaluate the new prototype following a Cognitive Walkthrough (CW) technique. CW is a usability task based method that helped me to understand if the prototypes designed were adhering to the users’ goals and addressing their pain points. The sessions recorded the user's screen, audio and face.
I then, transcribed and analysed the new data looking for behaviour patterns in reaching their goals and noting recurrent issues. Once again, I updated the initial requirements for each web page using thematic analysis.
When I arrived in Bristol, the project was lagging behind after a recently fired UX Designer and their Senior being on holidays. Despite Nomensa’s low estimation of my level of experience at the time, I successfully lead and delivered the project on time and in academic quality.